Canyon View Middle School Evacuated Due To Strange Odor
Just after 1 p.m. Today, teachers and students were evacuated from Canyon View Middle School after reports of a strong odor in D Hall, thought to be from ongoing construction.
As a precautionary measure, Cedar City Fire Department monitored the air throughout the school and did not find any dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. All students were cleared to re-enter the building.
However, a few students and teachers in D Hall reported minor symptoms such as headache, dizziness or nausea. Paramedics were called to test the CO levels of all students in D Hall using a finger monitor. About 25 individuals were advised to be further checked by a doctor as their levels were above normal.
Iron County School District appreciated the quick reaction of the fire department and first responders and for the fast response of students and teachers as they evacuated the building. The school district the safety of everyone in our schools and will take necessary precautions to ensure this does not happen again.
Kevin Costner's Top 10 Films, Ranked
Gallery Credit: Sterling Whitaker